Welcome to NewMedicalTerms, your ultimate guide to the explanations and definitions of the majority of medical terms you may see.
Patient – Consumer Portal
- Cardiac Effects and Risks Among Thyroid Cancer Patients
- What is gout?
- How to Control Eye Pressure in Glaucoma
- The Advances of Telemedicine For Dialysis Patients
- The Connection Between Weight, Diabetes, and Hypothyroidism
- The Doctor Is Online: How Efficient Is Consulting a Doctor Online?
- Healthcare Professionals and Virtual Care
- Technology in Nursing
- 6 Reasons Why Healthcare Advocacy is Important
- Best Practices for Virtual Care
- What Electrolyte Supplements Really Do For Athletes
- Eating to Win: Nutrition for Optimal Athletic Performance
- How to Plan for an Unexpected Illness
- Steps to Take When Your Relative Dies Without a Last Will
- 4 Ways to Make Your Clinic More Modern than the Competition
- 5 Health Trends to Follow in 2022
- How To Sleep When You Are Not Tired
- How To Reduce Your Panic Attacks At Night
Body Weight Calculators
- Body Mass Index Calculator – BMI – Determines if your weight is in proportion to your height based on Federal guidelines released by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. The BMI is helpful in determining health risks and appropriate interventions.
- Estimation of Total Body Fat Percentage
- Weight Loss Target Based on Body Fat Percentage
- Fat Free Mass, Lean Body Weight, Body Fat % Multi-Calc
- Soluble Fiber Calculator – Cholesterol lowering – Soluble fiber: viscous fiber that delays gastric emptying and can result in an extended feeling of fullness.
- TOTAL Fiber Calculator – Great tool for dieters! – Insoluble fiber: does not dissolve in water and is not affected by digestive enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract. Insoluble fiber provides bulk which eases defecation.
- Daily Fiber Requirements based on AGE
- Protein requirements (daily)
- Protein – Amino Acid Review
- Essential Amino Acid Calculator
- Protein sources (Plant-based versus animal source)
Other Diet and Nutrition Calculators