egosurfing

Home » Media Medicine » Popular Media » egosurfing
egosurfing2016-12-08T20:18:40+00:00

egosurfing

PSYCHOLOGY

Definition A popular term for searching* the internet to see how often one’s name appears and in what context

Reasons for egosurfing Ego gratification, entertainment, information spill identification, online reputation management

Comment *No less than 47% of internet users have egosurfed (the other 53% have, but won’t admit it). 

Synonyms Autogoogling, egogoogling, egosearching, googling yourself, self-googling, vanity searching 

Reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egosurfing

Leave A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.