The UK National Health Service’s (NHS’s) largest health website (www.nhs.uk/Pages/HomePage.aspx)
NHS Choices provides comprehensive reliable health and social care information on:
• Lifestyle decisions vis-à-vis smoking, drinking and exercise
• Hundreds of thousands of entries in over 50 directories to find and choose health services in England
• 20,000 regularly updated articles and reports on a full range of medical topics
• Hundreds of video clips, interactive tools and listings that allow the user to compare services, such as hospitals, GPs or dentists, and allow a UK-bsed health care consumer to create his/her own private account with personalised content directly on the NHSChoices home page.
NHS Choices information sources
• NHS Evidence, formerly the National Library for Health
• Information Centre for Health and Social Care
• Care Quality Commission
• Other health and social care organisations
Integration of NHS Direct Online in 2008, turned NHSChoices into a “one-stop shop” for public consumption of health information in England.
An automated translation system allows most content to be displayed in more than 50 languages.