Marmot ReviewJoe Segen2016-12-04T22:46:36+00:00
A 2010 report published by Professor Michael Marmot who, at the request of the then Secretary of State for Health, was tasked with proposing the most effective evidence-based strategies for reducing health inequalities in England.
The report, Fair Society Healthy Lives concluded that reducing health inequalities would require action on six policy objectives.
Fair Society Healthy Lives conclusions
• Give every child the best start in life
• Enable all children, young people and adults to maximise their capabilities and have control over their lives
• Create fair employment and good work for all
• Ensure healthy standard of living for all
• Create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities
• Strengthen the role and impact of ill-health prevention.
Alternative names Fair Society Healthy Lives, Marmot Review of health inequalities, The Marmot Review