Definition Morbid fear of crossing bridges.
Unlike the plethora of made up “phobias”–e.g.,
• Arachibutyrophobia–fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth
• Auroraphobia–fear of the northern lights
• Dextrophobia–fear of right-sided things, or right-handedness
• Macrophobia–fear of big things
• Microphibia–fear of small things
• Octophoba–fear of the number eight
• Sinistrophobia–fear of left-sided things, or left-handedness
• Xanthophobia–fear of the colour yellow,
this is a “real” phobia. As an example, the New York Thruway Authority will lead gephyrophobiacs over the Tappan Zee Bridge if one calls in advance. Other transportation authorities may have similar services.